Interview: Discover Test Gap Analysis
Dr. Elmar Jürgens & Dr. Elmar Jürgens
Short interview at the Accelerate Conference about Test Gap Analysis. For slides and recording of the corresponding talks, see this blog post.
Most bugs occur in the areas that changed since the last release. Test managers, thus, attempt to test changes with special care. However, our research shows that many changes are shipped into production untested. In this short interview, I present Test Gap Analysis, a novel approach that combines static and dynamic analyses to discover untested changes.
- 0:04: Introduction to Problem and to Treemap Visualization
- 1:44: Test Gap Analysis is a Hybrid Analysis combining…
- 1:56: … Change Detection and
- 2:36: … Code Coverage
- 3:11: Results and Goal of Test Gap Analysis
- 4:02: Example of a real world Software System
- 5:31: 100% Change Coverage ⇏ 0 Bugs
- 6:13: Viewing TGA on the level of Tickets/Issues (e.g., Features & Bugs)
- 7:07: Questions