Talk Accelerate 2018: Test Impact Analysis: How to Find New Bugs 100x Faster
Posted on 10/09/2018 by Dr. Elmar Juergens
- Speaker: Elmar Jürgens
- Conference: Accelerate
- Date: Tuesday, October 9th 2018, 15:45 — 16:10
- Venue: Austria Center Vienna, Keynote Room F
Large automated test suites are often too slow for CI. Since their execution is deferred, many defects tend to slip through CI — increasing the time, cost and difficulty required to find and fix them. Test Impact Analysis selects only the tests impacted by code changes made since the last test execution. It then sorts these tests according to their bug discovery potential. This way, it can discover new bugs extremely efficiently. In fact, our tests could identify 80% of failing builds in 1% of the test execution time.
This allows for fast CI builds and high bug-detection rates, even for large test suites. This session explains the concepts behind Test Impact Analysis, presents research findings from large case studies and shows how it can be integrated with Tricentis Tosca.
- Article on Ticket Coverage and Test Gap Analysis
- Ticket Coverage
- Overview on Test Gap Analysis incl. Video
- Best Practices Introducing Test Gap Analysis
- Introduction to Test Gap Analysis
- Test Gap Analysis with Teamscale
- Test Gap Analysis for SAP BW Systems